‘vanpōōl / noun.

A vanpool is a group of the coolest people in the world who commute to and from work together in, you guessed it, a van. Vanpools work best for people who live 20+ miles away from work and have a consistent work schedule (we’re looking at you 9-5ers).

yellow circle
two women car pooling
Illustration of people in van

Becoming a Van Fan

Call dibs to form a new vanpool with the help of our vantastic partners, Commute with Enterprise and CalVans to receive monthly subsidies! Personal vanpools can also register with dibs. However, personal vans are not eligible for subsidies.


Scroll down for more info on Vanpool subsidies.

Start a Vanpool today!

Contact Dibs at 800-52-SHARE for additional information on subsidies.

Enterprise Vanpool Leasing Information

or call 800-VAN-4-WORK

CalVans Vanpool Leasing Information

or call 866-655-5444

Vanpool Subsidies

Merced County Vanpool Subsidy

Subsidy funding is provided by the appropriate counties. If you’re commuting to or from Merced County, dibs will pay $400 per month per van. There are some guidelines and requirements you need to follow in order to get that dough.

San Joaquin County NTD Reporting Subsidy

The San Joaquin County subsidy is required to report vanpool trips to the National Transit Database (NTD). If you’re commuting to or from San Joaquin County, dibs will pay $400 per month per van for vans that satisfy and comply with subsidy terms, conditions, and requirements for the term of the leased van. That’s $4,800 per year!

woman doing taxes

Pre-Tax Savings

Employers may provide up to $315 per month to commuting employees for transit, parking or vanpool fees. As an employer, you receive business income tax deductions. As an employee, you receive the benefit pre-taxed reducing taxable income. Win, win. 

Get the Employer’s Tax Guide to Fringe Benefits here.

Emergency Ride Home

Life happens. Sick kids, family emergency, last-minute overtime, a flat vanpool tire, anything can happen, but you need to get home. As a vanpool rider, you may qualify for Emergency Ride Home, a free service where dibs picks up the tab for your taxi, Uber or Lyft home.

man entering back seat of car
orange circle


Vans are leased from our vantastic partners: Commute with Enterprise or CalVans.

That’s up to you and your van crew. Some vans have one primary driver. Other vans split the driving. It depends on what works best for your vanpool (and who the best drivers are 😉).

That depends on the size and model of your van, how many people are in your pool, how long your commute is and more. Our partners can help provide a cost estimate.

Nope! A standard Class C license is all you need for a typical van. If you’d like to get fancy and get a larger van, drivers will need to complete a DMV Class B driver’s medical examination. We’ll reimburse each new driver for the out-of-pocket cost of that exam with proper documentation, so save your paperwork!

Our partners allow limited personal mileage in some cases. Chat with Commute with Enterprise or CalVans for more info.

Reach out to Commute with Enterprise or CalVans to start a vanpool. You can also give us an old school call on the telephone (1-800-52-SHARE), and we’ll assist you in finding a vanpool or starting your own.

If you have an emergency and you cannot connect with your vanpool. Be sure to use the Emergency Ride Home option at dibs.

Forms and Agreements